April 11, 2011

preppy spring fun.

I've been working on some colorful, super fun summery invitations -- and I love them. Kate approached me about doing an invitation for a Bridal Brunch she's throwing for a friend. As the maid of honor, she wanted to do something really special for the bride. Appreciating all things classic, we started out with a black and white palette for an afternoon tea, but Kate just couldn't fall in love with the colors. She wanted something bright and cheerful, flirty and fun. Something a little preppy, but definitely not stuffy.



The design above is what we created. I think it's wonderful! I personally almost always choose more demure colors {my younger sister calls my color choices boring!} so having the chance to work on an invite like this one was such a blast. I've fallen in love with the color combo and can't wait to see the rest of the brunch come together. What events do you have lined up for this spring and summer? I'd love to hear all the fun details! Thanks, Kate, for keeping me inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment