April 20, 2011

Happy Trails to You

How on earth is April already more than halfway over? Graduation will be here before we know it! High school and university seniors alike are counting down the days. And if they're one of the lucky ones, they are planning a fabulous party to celebrate this monumental occasion. One of my most favorite invitations to work on for such a special event is this one that I custom designed for an OSU Veterinary Grad student. Kendi and her parents wanted something stately and grand enough to mirror Kendi's incredible accomplishment, but at the same time, they wanted something fun and celebratory. This is what we created:


Since Kendi was hoping to work with large animals and a graduate from Oklahoma State University, she and her mom wanted to incorporate cowprint, cowboy boots, and a special poem Kendi's mom had written in honor of Kendi's achievement. I didn't know if I even knew where to start, but I'm never one to back down from a challenge ... and I'm so glad I didn't.




We created this pocket invitation. The outside was a deep black folder with an orange wrap printed with one of Kendi's favorite verses. It was so fitting with the theme of the event. The black folder opened to reveal the poem on panels framing the invitation for the event.




I loved seeing Kendi and her mom both get so excited over the invitation! I can't imagine a job that's more fun than the one I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment